Thursday, July 16, 2015

Hair Mask Recipe

Hey everyone!

If one day I ever decide to post a picture of myself to this blog, one of the first things that you, my readers, will notice is my hair. I have medium (mid-back) length, curly hair that can look absolutely crazy at times. If you are at all interested, I can post a "hair story" (believe it or not, my hair was thin and stick straight at one point) with pictures.

Recently, my friend Annie (you can find her awesome blog here) told me about how she wears a hair masks of egg whites once a week to battle the oil buildup in her hair. This got me kind of interested, so I decided to do some of my own research and make a hair mask of my own. I tried it out yesterday, and the results were almost immediately apparent. My hair itself was a lot shinier and my roots had lost all their gross buildup.

Since my last hair post is one of my most popular posts, I figured that you guys might want to see this recipe!

Note: You might have to tweak my measurements to fit your hair length. I wouldn't recommend making too much of this mask because I'd prefer a fresh batch every time, but this is totally up to you.

What You Will Need:

7 Spoonfulls of Yogurt: Gross, I know. But yogurt is a really good moisturizer! It works as a natural conditioner. I noticed that when I washed my hair out yesterday, it was pretty soft even before my intense conditioner routine. Considering that my hair is usually as dry as straw, this was a very good thing.

1 Egg White: I don't have a real reason why I wouldn't use the egg yolk other than the fact that it's kind of gross. Egg whites have a lot of protein in them, which can help rebuild damaged bits of your hair.

How to Apply:

Massage the mixture into your hair. Focus especially on your scalp and the ends of your hair. Wrap your hair into a bun (it should kind of stick to itself so you don't need a hair tie) and then tie a plastic bag around your head. Let sit for about an hour and then wash out thoroughly!

Note: It's kind of hard to get it all off of your scalp on day one. I recommend shampooing as much as you can and then using an hot oil treatment (macadamia nut, olive, or almond) the next day.

Results: You should end up with soft and dry hair.

See you in my next post!

Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment