Sunday, June 14, 2015

Basics Series: School

Hey everyone!

I'm back with another basics post. If you have no idea what my basics series is, check out post 1 here. For today, I'm focusing on school wear.

School wear is weird because it's hard to figure out what's acceptable and what's too much/little. I'm a very dress-based-on-mood kinda person, but I'd wear pajamas every day if I could. Next year, I'm hoping to have a bit more style (it's not supposed to be a super pressuring year, so I have some time on my hand). I guess this post is supposed to give me some inspiration for that (and hopefully you as well).

Loose Tees (Graphic or Printed)
Loose tees are so perfect for school. They pair really well with jeans and flats for a casual vibe, but you can dress them up if you wear them with a skirt or maxi dress. I've always loved the idea of black and white striped shirts and red (in the form of flats, pants, or shorts). The combo always gives me a T-Swizzle sort of vibe and I love it. I found this one on shechic.com (it's a little pricey, so I'd TJ Maxx this one). Check it out here.

Button Up (Loose)

I hate button ups with a passion. I feel like they don't flatter my torso and give me a frumpy look. However, I will make an exception for loose fitted button ups. I mean, these can be paired similarly to the loose striped tees mentioned earlier. They're versatile and I love it. I couldn't source this one reliably, but I found something similar here.

Sport Shorts

Sport shorts are fantastic for test days. With a T-Shirt (the unisex kind) and pair of Chacos/tennis shoes, you pretty much have a completed outfit. Not to mention, they're comfortable as heck. They might not be daily wear, but they work great for lazy days.

Light Blue Boot Cut Jeans

Let me tell you something with 50%  certainty: my jeans will always be boot cut and dark wash. That being said, I will make an exception for school. Light wash jeans are cute and are so 90s. I think they're great... on occasion! As far as the boot cut goes, I prefer my jeans to be nipped a bit above the ankle. American eagle jeans (find them here) are my favorite; they fit me like a glove and I feel like they're super flattering for my legs. Definitely check them out.

That's all I can come up with for now. Let me know what you're school faves are. I might do a follow up post with some more things that I think are school basics.

Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment