Sunday, June 21, 2015

Fitness... Sunday?

Hey everyone!

I'm so sorry that I didn't write a fitness Friday post this week. I got really wrapped up in the day and I ended up having a long post-midnight talk with some of the greatest people I've ever met. Don't you just love talking about existential questions with people that have their head and heart in the right place?

For today's fitness Friday I thought I'd share with you my workout regimen. It's fairly standard; I'm one of those sticklers that likes to stick to a set routine. It usually goes like this:

1. Stationary Biking
I love to stationary bike because I hate to run and I need to get my cardio in somehow. My friends always make fun of me for biking because they say you need to do more to get the same effects as you would if you ran on an elliptical or something. Fair enough, but if you really hate to run and have some time on your house, biking can be fun and hard at the same time. I took this quick picture from my work out yesterday:


I know it's pretty hard to see, but I burned about 150 calories (not including the sweat) and that's great for a little girl who's just looking to get a little more lean.

2. Walk a Half Mile
I know that I said that I hate running, but I'm fine with walking. I like to walk about 4 or 5 laps around a track (8.5 makes a mile). This works as great cool down from the biking.

3. Core 
Remember my T-Swizz loving pal from the previous post? The same friends loves to train (read: torture) me whenever we go to the gym. We go through a routine of curl ups, planks in all directions, and some moves she picks up from Blogilates (if you haven't heard of this term, YouTube it asap! It'll change your life). I might do a full on post about my core routine because it's definitely good for those on the basic level.

Sometimes we head off to a core class that our gym offers. It's about 20 minutes of pure torture but you get results.

That's all for now. I'll see you guys in my next post.

Mal



No comments:

Post a Comment