Monday, June 22, 2015

Hair Care: Curly + Medium Length

Hey everyone!

I was debating what to  post for today, when an idea suddenly occurred to me: curly hair care.

The sad thing that I notice in a lot of people with curly hair is straightening, perming, updos- basically anything that will get people to not notice their beautiful curls. It's sad, really, that we live in a culture where people would prefer to have stick straight hair that takes ages to keep up than put in a little work to maintain their natural hair. Always remember, girls, that natural hair is the best hair (in my humble opinion)!

I myself avoided my natural hair for years- I straightened and blowdried so I wouldn't have to deal with the frizziness that comes with natural hair. Recently, however, I've tried to make a change and appreciate my natural curls a lot more. I've been trying a couple of new methods to tackle frizz and surprisingly, they've been working.

I'm going to share my weekly hair schedule with you and hopefully, you can change it to to work with your hair type. I have 2C - 3A hair, depending on the day. Before you start going natural, make sure to know your hair type. Use this picture as a guideline:
[via]
Sunday Night: Wash Hair
My hair washing is a long, long process. I start with shampoo; I take three/four separate sections of my hair and lather each piece in Garnier Triple Nutrition Shampoo. This is a fantastic shampoo for curly hair, I highly recommend it. I follow shampoo up with the same brand conditioner (again, fantastic product). Conditioning is probably the most important part of my routine. I split my hair into two pieces and massage in 3 layers of conditioner. I wait for about 5 minutes, then wash it out. After I'm out of the shower, I use the Garnier Pure Cream Styling Gel, and scrunch it into my hair like there's not tomorrow. Then, I let my hair air dry and put it in a pineapple before I go to sleep. Yes, a pineapple. It looks like this:
[via]
Monday & Tuesday: Natural
I spray my hair with a little bit of water and go. I'll probably hit my hair with a little bit of the frizz lotion as well.

Wednesday & Thursday: Natural / Ponytail
I usually play these days by ear. I will usually do another day of natural on Wednesday and then throw it up into a ponytail on Thursday.

Friday: Braid
I love textured braids so I try to usually work in one sometime during the week. I generally go for them on Friday.

Saturday and Sunday (morning): Awkward Buns
I'm completely done by Saturday and Sunday so generally my hair goes up into a bun during these days. Also, I work out a lot on the weekend, so it's better to have it twisted up and out of my face.

If I'm working out more than normal, I will usually watch my hair once every 4 days. I haven't been doing that lately, and I really, really need to.

Thanks for reading. I'll see you soon!

Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment